Thursday, August 04, 2005

The x(Tian) Clan: The Return Part 4: The Jersey Shore invades NYC

My parents stayed for a few more days and undermined my confidence as much as time would allow. I try not to cry as best I could. Things are miserable


Thursday comes along and my parents are long gone. But its my brother's birthday and he decides to resurface from where ever he was hiding. I ask him where he would like to eat to celebrate his birthday. He answers that we have to go to Sciortino's a legacy from his whimsical youth.

So I treck down to Perth Amboy and then head over to my cousin Maria and then we're all just kicking it and its a grand old time. And we're eating Pizza and we're watching Entourage and gosh this is old school!

Around 11, I remember I'm so exhausted I want to cry and I go to the train station

The ride back to the city is interesting. The pungent smell of heineken mixed with camel cigarrettes permeates the train car.

I am soon surrounded by more tanorexic white chicks from the jersey shore than I can shake a stick at and they're out of control. Dancing and singing and WOOOing like its an episode of Girls Gone Wild!.

One of them asks me to take photographs of them in broken spanish. I comply and pretend I don't speak english. I wonder who they think the mexican in the tailored shirts is exactly?

I get a nip slip in one of the shots.

They are all going to Webster Hall...exactly...

My friend Christian calls me and asks if i'm in a dance club. I say:

"No, NJ Transit train heading to NYC"

The girl who tried to communicate with me in spanish gives me half a look, wondering why I did not respond to her in english when she spoke to me. I stare at her blankly.

My eyes start tearing from exhaustion