Thursday, August 04, 2005

The x(tian) Clan: The Return Part 1: Don't Rock the Boat!

Vanglorious!

It's been a big month for the blood of xTian. My dad's niece (yes, my cousin) had a daughter! My Mom's two baby brothers (my uncles) got married. Good Job and many more to all of them I say!

Of course all this hoopla needed to be frist hand by the 'rents and after much plodding and a ton frustrating disorganized logistical planning I was driving my cousin Paco's van to pick them up.

En route I thought it wise to ring my mom on the mobile and leave her a message letting her know to call me when she got off the plane...of course she picks up

mami, you cant pick up the phone while the plane is flying
mami: we're not flying
me: why not?
mami: I forgot your grandmother's ID and I dont want to talk about it (click)

the woman hung up on me! the hell!
I called my aunt, who was like "I know, she threw your father and [grandfather] on the plane by themselves and now she is waiting in Orlando with [your grandmother].

I sit in the airport with my grandfather and father and wonder what to do with them. We go on a death march and find some chinese food. It looks like my grandfather is bored. I have no idea what to do.

My little cousin calls me to inform me that the plane is on time
My brother calls me and informs me that the plane is delayed.

I can't trust either of these boobs to be right, so I call my aunt and ask her to check.

The outcome is even more disturbing. There are several possible flights they could have gotten on none have left the ground but all have pulled away from the gate. I am standing at Laguardia but its possible that my mother and grandmother could either be going to JFK or Newark.

Crying is something I consider doing. However, my grandfather don't need me crying. Should I cry he might have to beat me to a pulp. Getting the sh*t kicked out of me by a 95 year old man would be too much to bear.

Several hours later I track down my mother and grandmother who pleasantly get off the plane as if nothing is wrong.

I suggest my mother is a clown and she does not speak to me the whole ride to NJ.

It's going to be an interesting visit.