Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sad and Upset

Evil

Reading about the hurricane aftermath down south has really gotten me down. It's a sad situation. I was IMing with Manolo (who lives in Miami) earlier today and man, I gotta say, that dude really upset me. I asked him if he was OK after the hurricane and he said yes. But then he proceeded to show me all the pictures he took of trees falling on his neighbor's car and power lines falling on his neighbor's house. Instead of helping in the relief efforts, it turns out that Manolo was skipping about his neighborhood snapping digital pics of all the wreckage. After a day or two of that, he got bored and decided on another form of entertainment: going to the supermarket to "score some hurricane sex." Some poor girl from out of town and stranded in Miami actually fell victim to Manolo's predatory ways. This is all an unfortunately situation and I'm not sure what to make of it, except to cry and drink by myself.