Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Smarter than its target Audience


Ok, I love Tina Fey. I love her wit, I love "Weekend Update" I love her geek cool style, and I love the scar on her left cheek. ANYWAY, the point was I was going to give Mean Girls a chance no matter what.

And let me tell you, I loved it. It was clearly smarter than its target audience. They took the idea of a Heathers took the campiness and darkness out of it and made it a little snarkier. Its really hard to think Lindsay Lohan could ever be a dork, so its cool they acknowledged that and made her a product of her upbringing. The metaphor of High School as a jungle though old felt fun here as Lohan's character tried to find analogues for her new world in her old one.

Tina Fey rocks!

Also, the thing was basically a celebration of overdeveloped 16 year old boobs! Its a winner for everyone.