Sunday, December 07, 2008

Worst Lead Ever

I know Evil can't stand bad drawers drawing, slow walkers walking slowly, and various other underperforming people underperforming. Which is why I thought of him this morning when I read what might possibly be the worst lead to a story I've ever encountered on a Sports Page. The guilty party - the paper of record of course. The byline, some douche named Pete Thamel. I'll now let the terrible journalism speak for itself.

ATLANTA — During Tim Tebow’s sun-kissed career at Florida, he has won a Heisman Trophy, a national championship and helped circumcise impoverished children while doing missionary work in Thailand. But for all his accomplishments in one of college football’s most impressive careers, Tebow entered the Southeastern Conference title game with an 0-5 record when trailing in the fourth quarter.

Hmmm. I'm all for using groups of 3 as an effective way to make a point. But, as rule of thumb, if circumcising impoverished children is ever my third item on a list, I settle for the pair. But maybe that's just me.