Monday, December 01, 2008

Subway Scene

Today on the way to work, I almost fainted. It was very hot in the subway and there were many people squished in the car. The train was delayed in the station for a long time, because they were "conducting an investigation up ahead". People were cranky. I was very nervous. I asked KenTak3 many times if he wanted to get out, and he said "No".

Eventually, I felt very sweaty, and I had to take my coat off. Then, I thought I was going to fall over, but we were in-between stations so this was not an option. By the time we reached 34th Street, I had to push out of the car and could not see anything. Everything was white and I could not see. I could not walk straight.

Luckily, I hung on and did not pass out. I crouched down in the middle of the platform and was breathing very much. I did not want to be unconscious on the dirty platform with a big scene of people around. Actually, no one asked me to help. Maybe because KenTak3 had the situation visibly under control.

I had to squat on the ground for a few minutes, and then KenTak3 walked me to a cafe for some coffee and Gatorade.

I wonder if there were any doctors in the subway, and if KenTak3 wasn't there, what would have happened. This was not a good start to the week.