Monday, December 15, 2008

Gremlins

The xTian Clan knows how to handle recessions. A few weeks ago, one of my aunts sent out an email insisting that only children should get gifts this year on the logic that having to get everyone a gift would be both time consuming and expensive. There's a recession going! Time to batten down the hatches! Exclamation points are free!

My mother phoned me recently to comment on how smart this was. I agreed. Getting her a gift is a bum deal for all involved. I'm happy to be spared the torture. It's the same deal every year. She never likes it. She makes it a point to say so while asking for a receipt. Two hours later, you have the good fortune of watching your mother proudly hang something horrendous on her wall or whatever. Yay!

I got annoyed thinking about this so I decided to bum her out. I pointed out to her that her family is still have children, by the boatload it seems. Further,the Bumapasaurus and I have not even gotten on the train yet. I predicted that this gremlinication of her family will continue for some time. She sighed and hung up.