Sunday, December 02, 2007

Bah

Evil

I'm in a complaining mood today. Part of it is that I'm sick. After two weeks of good health, I finally caught a stomach bug. And a bad fever. And body aches all over. I slept for about 18 hours yesterday. Feeling much better today though.

There's an old Mark Twain quote that goes, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Well, the coldest winter I ever spent was a morning in Agra. No one told me that India would be ass cold during parts of the day. I woke up at 5am yesterday and made it to the Taj Mahal by 6am to catch the sunrise. Prospects for seeing the sunrise were not good from the start. A thick fog and heavy air met me as I stepped outside my hotel. Once I got to the Taj, the conditions were no better. Actually, they were worse. Even though I was wearing a think sweater that I bought from the Tibetan market, the cold bit into me. It's the kind of cold that chills you deep inside and even after you get yourself indoors, you can't shake the feeling.

I wish I had access to upload my camera pics to this blog. I have various photos of people staring into a cloud-like expanse, which is supposed to be the Taj. I had to walk up to within 30 feet to see the Taj and even then, it was very faint.

I'm in India for another month almost. I want to go home! This blows.