Thursday, March 01, 2007

Manolo Gets His Heart Broken For The Last Time

For the past few months, I have been throwing a get together at my place in the lieu of happy hour. I invite all the neighbors, friends, well wishers, and other members of the Manolo entourage. This past Friday was "Bubbles and Berries" (TM) February. As the party was nearing its conclusion, my guests were already making plans with the leftover champagne. I told them to count me and my champagne out.

They couldn't understand why I couldn't go sailing with them on Saturday or why I couldn't attend that rap video shoot at the mansion in the beach. They didn't know that I have been expecting xTian since early January ever since he told me not to make any plans because he was coming for his cousin's wedding in late February.

Anyway, he calls-drunks me from the wedding and we make plans to meet Saturday. The plan is to have brunch by the pool. We are going to eat some eggs benedict and sip some Mimosas. Then we are going to make fun of Evil or Mr. Shoulders and we will reminisce about the good old days...

Saturday morning rolls around and I wake up from my champagne induced coma by the sound of a text message coming in. The message came in at 10:29 AM and it reads..."We had to go! See u next time."

I don't understand why there is always some sort of a 36-hour limit to any Miami-based xTian visit. Why can't they all be like that magical weekend of 2005...

It's always an excuse with you xTian, isn't it?. Always with the emails or 10 AM text messages trying to make up what you so dastardly destroy time and time again. Sorry it's not going to cut it this time. I will no longer play the role of your enabler. I won't let you walk over me anymore...