Sunday, March 18, 2007

Flu-Like Symptoms

Evil

I'm in Laos + bird flu is in Laos + I like to roll around in bird crap = formula for disaster and/or great fun. In all seriousness, there are chickens everywhere in country! They just roam around freely. I can't figure out how they keep track of whose chicken is whose. What's to preven someone from stealing their neighbor's chicken and cooking it for dinner and they saying, "maybe a car ran over your chicken? don't look at me dude!" The other day, I was riding a rented bike down the street and passed a street food vendor. The woman was sitting in front of a small grill... she was grilling chicken kabobs. Standing next to her was a chicken, staring at the whole process quite intensely. The chick sees his future and the future does not look good.