Monday, January 08, 2007

Manolo Does Some Math

I have always contended that most women (not all) plan their weddings and the man they are going to marry years in advance. Men on the other hand just wake up one day and decide they want to be married and have kids. The gal that happens to be with them at that particular juncture of their lives usually ends up getting the ring. That is why there are plenty of guys who break up after 4-5 years of dating someone and then get engaged to the first girl they like.

I recently woke up with that thought in my head. In April of this year I will be turning 30 and I have realized I have gotten to that juncture in my life. In other words, I am ready to settle down and will like you to keep me in mind when you are trying to hook someone up...

I have only one minor request besides the obvious fact that she doesn’t look like Dostoevsky. She has to be between 24 and 27 years of age. Someone older just won’t work in my mental equation…

You see, I did some math and this is what I arrived at...I am going to meet someone and it will take about two years from meeting her to the rituals of courtship to actually marrying her. I think every couple need some time for themselves to get to know each other before any kids are brought into the picture. Therefore, I believe my new bride and I will need about 2-3 years to really get to know each other.

After she finds out I am a sick bastard but still love me enough not to leave me, 5 years or have passed before we have our first kid...and I want to have the second and third kid right after…

When you take into consideration a woman’s biological clock and the “expiration date” of their eggs, that means I can’t marry someone older than 27 because by the time the first kid rolls around, the prime childbearing age threshold would have been crossed and this could lead to unnecessary complications.

Anyway, feel free to either correct my math or to let me know when I can expect my first introduction to that special someone…