Friday, October 13, 2006

Whiskas and Cheese, Part Deux

Last Friday night after KenTak3 and I get back from a delightful meal of risotto from Risotteria in the West Village and rice pudding from Rice to Riches in Nolita, we are introduced to Stella.

Running around the apartment, not much smaller than Bruno with a REALLY long ---tail ---, she must have been looking for her boyfriend who, unfortunately, we took out a few months ago, if you recall.

This time, Stella ends up behind the refrigerator (where it's warm).

KenTak3: Let's just leave Stella and go to bed.

Mamacita: Where is she going to go?

KenTak3: We have two options: 1) we can try to catch her, or 2) we can just let her go. It's going to be a few hours until she comes out. What are we going to do... wait all night?

Mamacita: I hear what you are saying, KenTak3, but no soy interesante in 2).

Mamacita wins!

So, we try to trap Stella behind the fridge, by barricading it with textbooks so she can't run out from underneath. Smarter than we think, Stella scales the wall next to it and tries to climb over the books.

Needing more tools, KenTak3 distracts her with a flashlight, while I run out and get some sticky traps. (By the way, the Deli guy loves me at this point, and gives me 2 free sticky traps for every 10 that I buy!)

Back in the apartment, we follow the usual strategy of lining up the sticky traps around the fridge so when Stella scales the wall, and eventually falls to the ground... STICK!

Thirty seconds later, KenTak3 makes a Stella sandwich, and I am taking the bag of goods several blocks down the street.

I think we are going to get a cat now. This repeated hunt and gather strategy (with Bruno watching from the sidelines) does not work for me. But I have to give KenTak3 kudos for taking charge with the sandwich action...

Does anyone else have this problem? Also, will I be haunted later in life for using sticky traps - many consider these inhumane (not to mention ineffective) but they seem to be working and are less than $1 each!