Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Why Might This Be?

Evil

For some reason, I've always thought that McGill University was an all girls school. Maybe it was because in high school, there were these twin girls in my graduating class and the one I always found really cute, Margaret (she always kept her hair down, whereas her sister always kept it up... I don't even remember the sister's name actually), ended up going to McGill University. Totally unrelated, but I was recently informed that McGill is in fact considered the "Harvard of Canada." This interested me, or maybe I just had some spare time at work, so I was doing some web research on McGill. There's this interesting research paper I ran into, written by some folks at McGill sometime in the late-90's.

The findings from this study are somewhat bizarre and unexplainable, at least I think so. Get this... they did this study on kids age 0 to 5 who had some sort of physical trauma as the result of an accident, say, falling off a chair and busting a gash in their head. They then followed the progress of these kids into adulthood and discovered that the physical trauma led to severe resentment of one's DAD. But as far as the MOM was concerened, there was no measured effect, positive or negative.

I ask you, smart readers of The Hose... WTF? How come the dad gets all the blame???