Thursday, September 21, 2006

Potentially Unhealthy Behavior

Evil



I can't stop myself from watching House Hunters in HGTV. It's just one episode after another. I'm just sitting here. Watching and watching and watching. This has been going on for about a month. Cable TV with DVR is a wonderful thing. Or a terrible thing. I'm not sure sure.

As I'm watching House Hunters, I also can't help but notice how differently women and men behave when they're evaluating homes. By my observation, men usually stick to nodding if they're pleased and scrunching their face if they don't like the place. Sometimes they will utter things like, "I like this place" or "No, I don't like this place."

Women, however, evaluate homes as if they were something else altogether. For example, here are some comments made by women house hunters:

- "Ooooh, I really like the size."

- "It's so big! I bet it would take me months to get used to all this size!"

- "Hmmm. Well, what it lacks in character, it certainly makes up for it in size."

I can't stop watching this show. I'm waiting for the episode when a guy house hunter says something like:

-"It sure is tight. And I like it that way!"

Or:

-"I know I'm not the first guy who's ever been in here, but it sure feels like it."