Friday, July 21, 2006

Manolo Kisses A Girl On The Cheek

Last night I met up with a friend of the female persuasion...we go out a lot for dinner and drinks and there is quite a bit of ongoing sexual tension but for a variety of reasons I won't get into right now, we have kept it strictly platonic.

Last night we met for drinks and after a bottle or so of champagne, we decided to go to a club and try out some of the dance moves I picked up watching So You Think You Can Dance?.

After the successful completion of a very tightly gripped Salsa turn, I proceeded to kiss her on the cheek. All this happened in very slow motion because as I was kissing her, I realized what I was doing...You see, during a normal Manolo-woman romantic interaction, kiss on the cheek during a dance with little to non-existent space between the dancers is ONE of my patented ways of assesing the romantic disposition of my companion. Allowing me a kiss on the cheek opens the door for me to eventually stroke her hair or lower my hand a bit or caress her face or kiss her on the neck leading to that eventual first kiss...

Since I caught myself in the middle of this, I avoided immediate eye contact after the kiss and kept dancing so I really don't know what her reaction was.

The point of the story is and this is mainly directed to our one or two female readers...do you think she noticed? Do I keep my mouth shut and or do I clear the air by talking about what happened?