Sunday, January 15, 2006

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Evil

Those of you who don't have to go to work this upcoming Monday may be wondering what the special occasion is. Well, asswipes, Monday is when our great nation celebrates Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's birthday. Unlike lame holidays such as Veteran's Day and Flag Day -- where no one knows what the hell to do in celebration, other than sitting at home in boxers, watching The Price Is Right, because there's nothing better on TV -- there's a long and celebrated tradition around MLK Day. I hope everyone is able to go out (or stay in, as the case may be) and have a good dream on Monday. I know I will.

And for those of you who don't have Monday off: HAH! Suckers! Hey, what can I say? I guess not all holidays are created equal. Three-fifths of us get to tool around at home while the rest of you losers have to slog it in to the office as usual.

Regardless of whether or not you have the day off, I figured that we should do something to commemorate the day. I'm happy to announce that as of right now, The Hose has acquired the domain name www.metabigot.com. (Really, try it: www.metabigot.com.) Why "metabigot"? Well, it's in honor of Sarah Silverman and the improving relationship between Jews and blacks (or as Dr. King would say, "Negros") in this country.