Monday, June 25, 2007

Manolo Is In Shape

A circle is a shape, isn’t it?

Even though I have packed on the pounds over the years, I have never really suffered any self-esteem issues. All my life I have been comfortable with myself and who I am as a person. I am very happy with my station in life. I have been fortunate enough to have a great family, great friends, great job and loyal readers. Things always seem to work my way and in the immortal words of Yakov, I am one of “the few truly shiny people.” He refers to me as one of those bastards that have everything go their way and the sun is always shining on them and everything falls on their lap and so on…

I was happy with the current setup until this weekend. You see, I was having adult relations (with a young lady, evil) this weekend and after 2 ½ hours of thrusting and lifting and trying to contort myself to the ongoing proceedings, I just ran out of breath and couldn't go on…I was sweating like Paris Hilton in jail (do not care about Paris Hilton one bit but maybe this small reference about Paris Hilton will move us up in the Google rankings).

This lack in stamina has me concerned…Maybe this stamina situation it’s just a question of age or maybe its my out of shape behind, or it may be both but like any one worth his salt, I am not ready to throw in the towel. I need to reclaim my title as the “energizer bunny”

I have decided that today is a new day. I am going to change. Today I am going to start a new life regime. I will be exercising both my mind and body in order to become a better-rounded individual (no pun intended). I am going to start taking small baby steps. I will soon be canceling my Tivo subscription and reading more books. I will start doing some cardiovascular work. Hopefully I will soon come back to fighting shape and that 2 ½ hour hiccup will be a thing of the past…

As I stated before, I will be taking the first steps. I need someone to take me the rest of the way. I will be taking applications for life coaches in case anyone is interested in the job...