Saturday, March 18, 2006

For The Record

Evil

I was watching the local news today and heard some very sad news involving 2 students from my high school, Stuyvesant. According to the news reports, the kids were killed while traveling to a swim competition in upstate New York. The news reporter also mentioned that even though the competition organizers received word of the deaths, they decided to go on with the meet anyway because that's what the two dead kids would have wanted.

Let me just say -- for the record -- if I should die in a tragic accident, whatever I was scheduled to do the next day... please f'ing cancel it, OK? I mean, geez. Would it inconvenience you too much to mourn my death for a day? Just a day. That's all I ask. If I was due to host a dinner party, but died, please do NOT come over anyway and cook my food and have a merry old time. I would not have wanted the dinner party to go on. If I was due to go get my back waxed with XTIAN and Manolo, but died, please CANCEL the freakin' appointments. I'm sure they won't charge you, even for a late cancellation, if you just tell them that someone DIED.

Thanks, people.