Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bad Dream

Evil

I had another bad dream last night. I can't remember how this dream started, so it basically picks up like this...

My brother and I suddenly realize that the door to our apartment was left unlocked. (In the dream, I guess we were living in the same place.) We both start to panic and I'm yelling, "Why did you leave it unlocked?! Why did you leave it unlocked?!" We both race to the door and try to lock it, put the door chain on, the whole bit.

Just as we get to the door and are pushing it shut, someone is trying to barge in. I lean my back against the door as hard as I can and am trying to push it shut. I feel a fist pounding on the door. It feels like the door is rubber because I can feel the fist on my back. I feel the door is going to break. I tell my brother to go get a knife from the kitchen.

The door indeed breaks... the fist comes busting through. I duck at just the right moment and I have the knife in hand now, so my intention is to slit the wrist of this arm that's coming through the door.

The next thing I realize... I'm slitting someone's wrist, but it's not a stranger's. It's my brother's wrist. He's yelling in pain. I recognize it's him. I notice that his blood is a watery pink. Not deep red as I expected. I also notice that he's not bleeding as fast as I expected, seeing as I just gave him a deep slit on the wrist. So then I slit him again, just to make sure.

And that's all I remember before I woke up.