Monday, May 09, 2005

My Mom hates me

My mother hates me.

She hated me a few weeks ago when I missed her birthday. I felt so down about it that I made up this story about surfing and getting a concussion and told everyone I knew just to convince myself it was the truth.

She hated me this past weekend when I failed to come thru again on Mother's Day. It was friday and I had no idea what to do, no one was able to deliver flowers to my mother...the hell?

Not knowing what else to do, I outsourced the responsiblity to a local resource, my brother, The Bumpasaurus - Pacey J. Witter. A recipe for disaster.

Sunday, I ring him eagerly at 10am

"what did my mother and grandmother think of the flowers?"

"I did not get them yet. the futbol is on"

"Can you take care of it now please?"

"Can you cut me a break? Give me an hour."

Not knowing what to do with myself I rung a few aunts. My youngest Aunt was my second call. Her husband picked up and passed the phone to her, yelling

"Miy! [xtian] is on the phone"

"hey, sweetie I'm talking to your mom on my cell phone. Hold on she's saying somehting to me"

"what?"

"she said "{explative], why don't you remind him he has a mother and that should be his first call..." and then she hung up"

"Oh"

Sometimes you just can't win :-(